Strawberry Kiwi Sherbet


Have you been following my I Dream of Ice Cream series? So far I've shared two recipes - Very Vanilla Ice Cream and Cake Batter Ice Cream. I'm continuing today with a third frozen treat. This week I decided to try a strawberry kiwi sherbet. I love practically anything strawberry flavored, but I wanted to mix it up a little and add in the kiwi flavor too!  I love the combination of those two fruits. When I was younger, my absolute favorite drink was Strawberry Kiwi Gatorade. I haven't been able to find it in years, but I used to drink it all the time.

I decided to twist a strawberry sherbet recipe, using about a 3:1 ratio of strawberries to kiwi. That seemed to be common in various other strawberry kiwi recipes. What I found was that while the color resembled just strawberry, the kiwi flavor was still really strong. Next time, I might reduce it down even more. I liked the flavor, I'd just like the strawberry to be a tad more prominent. I've included the recipe the way I did it, but just note you might want to add in a little more strawberry.




Strawberry Kiwi Sherbet ingredients:
  • 3 cups hulled strawberries  
  • 2 small kiwi (about 1 cup)
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • Juice of one lemon
Strawberry Kiwi Sherbet instructions:
  • Make sure ice cream maker bowl is frozen and ready to use (if not freeze at least 24 hours)
  • Give the hulled strawberries a quick chop
  • Peel and give the kiwi a rough chop
  • Place kiwi and strawberries in a food processor
  • Sprinkle 1 tbs of sugar over the top
  • Squirt a whole lemon over the top of the fruit as well
  • Puree until smooth (you can push puree through strainer if you don't want seeds in your sherbet)
  • Place sugar and water in pan and heat on low until the sugar is dissolved
  • Remove from heat and whisk in with the fruit puree in a bowl
  • Beat heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks
  • Fold the heavy cream into the fruit mixture
  • Refrigerate at least a few hours
  • Prepare sherbet per ice cream maker instructions
  • Freeze for a couple hours before serving
Bloggers - make sure and link up to my Sweet Tooth Tuesdays link party! It's still going on this week, and I'd love to see your projects and recipes.

Make sure and check back Friday, I have a cookie post all ready to go. It's a twist on a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe - you won't want to miss it! Make sure and follow my blog, or follow me on social media, for all my latest projects and posts.


Popular Posts