Sausage Ball recipe


It's 5 days until Christmas, are you ready? If you are still looking for ideas for food, activities, or decor, then check out some of my ideas I've shared in my 12 Sweet Posts of Christmas series, so far. Here's a list of all my ideas, in case you've missed anything:
Today I have a great recipe for a Holiday appetizer. It'd be great for Christmas, or New Years. These sausage balls are delicious, and so simple to make! It doesn't feel quite like Christmas without them. Both my mom and my mother-in-law have always made them for the holidays.


Sausage Ball ingredients:
  • 1 lb sausage
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 3 cups Bisquick
Sausage Ball instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 375F
  • Mix together shredded cheese and sausage with hands
  • Again using your hands, mix in Bisquick until completely combined with sausage and cheese. It will take a while for it to get completely combined.
  • Place parchment paper on cookie sheet
  • Roll sausage mixture into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet
  • Bake 18-20 mins
You can even make these sausage balls in advance, just refrigerate until serving. At your dinner, or party, just serve them in  a crockpot on the warm setting. A trick I recently heard about was to line the crockpot with slices of bread to keep them from drying out! I tried it out at our work lunch yesterday and thought it worked well. It did seem to take a little while for them to get to a warm temp, but they didn't get dried out in the crockpot.


Popular Posts