Reese's Cupcakes


So...it's been a while since I've posted much on my blog. Life has been pretty busy lately, lots of new beginnings and celebrations! I'm loving my new job, but it's kept me pretty busy so far. Working from home is a blessing and great experience, but I do find myself working longer hours than I would otherwise... It's just so easy to stay online and get more work finished!

Any Reese's peanut butter cup fans out there? If so, I have a recipe you HAVE to try. My mom's birthday was a couple weeks ago, and I created a special cupcake flavor for the celebration. I decided to just wing it and experiment without using a certain recipe. I started with a base of a chocolate cupcakes and then created a vanilla buttercream. I enhanced the buttercream by mixing in some crushed Reese's. I saved some to sprinkle on top as well.

The cupcakes might have been good enough like that, but I decided to keep going. I remembered the deliciously sweet peanut butter glaze that I put on the banana peanut butter muffins and the banana bread. After sprinkling on Reese's on the buttercream, I drizzled the glaze over top of the cupcakes.

All together, the cupcakes scream Reese's!! I was so happy with how they turned out. These may not be the healthiest thing to eat, but believe me its delicious.


As a side note, these cupcakes may or may not cause extremely hyper behavior in small children...

Reese's Cupcake Ingredients:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup cocoa
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • Reese's Buttercream:
    • 1/2 cup Crisco
    • 1/2 cup butter
    • 8 tsp powdered coffee creamer
    • 8 tsp water
    • 2 tsp vanilla
    • 1 lb powdered sugar
    • Crushed Reese's cups
  • Peanut Butter glaze
    • 1 tbs peanut butter
    • 1 tbs milk
    • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
Reese's Cupcakes Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350F
  • Combine dry ingredients (sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt)
  • Add in milk, eggs, oil, vanilla
  • Beat for 1 1/2 mins until batter is completely combined
  • Heat water until boiling and carefully mix into the batter (it will be thin)
  • Place cupcake wrappers in cupcake pan
  • Fill cupcake wrappers 3/4 full
  • Bake around 15 mins
  • Cool completely and then start on buttercream
  • Beat butter and Crisco until completely combined
  • Mix together powdered coffee creamer in hot water
  • Add in 8 tsp of coffee creamer and 2 tsp vanilla, mix completely
  • Beat in powdered sugar, adding a little bit at a time
  • Crush Reese's and mix into buttercream, add to taste
  • Pipe buttercream on cupcakes
  • Sprinkle bits of Reese's onto buttercream
  • Whisk together peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk
  • Drizzle glaze over cupcakes

Popular Posts